What to Expect
PLANNING & BOOKING - When you inquire with me, I will ask you about the session you would like and pertinent information to tailor it to your needs. We will discuss your timeline for your session, what type of location you prefer, the optimal time of day and fees that may be associated with that location. Once booked with your photographer, you will receive a digital contract through email, which will include payment instructions. The sitting package fee is due at time of contract signing and your session date will not be reserved until the fee is received.
PORTRAIT SESSION - Your photography session will take place at the time, date, and location specified! I will prepare fully edited images for your private online gallery.
REVEAL & ORDER - You will receive an email link to a private online gallery to see your beautiful images and choose your digital images and print products! If additional a la carte items are purchased, payment in full will be due before I place your order with my printer. Payment may be made with cash, check, Paypal, or Venmo!
ORDER ARRIVAL & PICKUP - I will create and order the products you have selected. You can expect to receive a private download link to your digital images within a few days of choosing them. Print products may take up to three weeks to be made and delivered. Due to the personal nature of these products, no refunds can be given. Once your finished prints are delivered to me, they will be inspected, and you will receive an email notification to come pick up your order at your convenience.
Other fees you may expect: I am happy to serve the greater Utah area! Additional fees may apply for travel to locations outside of Utah County. Client is also responsible for any entrance costs associated with the location chosen, such as national parks or private property. If you choose a location with such a fee, I will inform you of this so you may be prepared!
My boyfriend and I got autumn pictures done just this week, and we had such a fun time! She did a great job trying to help us set up for the poses, and making us feel very comfortable. She's so friendly, and we were impressed with how professional and kind she was. I highly recommend going to her for family or couple pictures. :)
I absolutely LOVE working with Jocelyn! I have twin boys that don't cooperate all that well and she manages to capture the most beautiful photos regardless. We will continue to use her to capture our best memories!
What should I wear?
For my personal photography style, I prefer clothing in soft neutrals, such as whites, off-whites, tan, grays, brown, black, denim, or very muted colors. They go with everything! However, it is up to you to make the final decision as to what clothing you’d prefer to wear for your custom photo art. A few tips to think about:
* Bright colors, such a very vivid red, pink, or any neons tend to capture very poorly and you may be dissatisfied with the printed outcome.
* Please avoid any large graphics or characters.
* Large or bold patterns are very distracting and may take away from the people in your image, while small or light patterns are acceptable.
* Make sure everything is clean and smooth, to ensure a polished look! Wrinkles or spots in clothing can detract from the eye looking at the beautiful people wearing it. BUT, please do not worry if we have small, unavoidable blemishes. Most of them will not show up in the photo, and if so, I will do my best to remove them.
* If you are having a hard time choosing a color palette, try Pinterest for ideas or choose 3-4 colors (at least one of them a neutral) and dress everyone around that. See my Pinterest board for favorite family outfit combos here!
* A very important thing to consider are the colors you've used in your home decorating scheme! What?! Yes, really! I want you to love your prints displayed in your home. And a great way to do that is to match your location (we can talk more on that together) and clothing to your home, to bring cohesiveness with your new artwork and the colors you have used to decorate!
* Above all, you want to wear clothing you are comfortable in! If you aren't comfortable, it will show and you'll have a rough time enjoying your session. I want to have fun with you!
Other Preparation Information
To ensure the best experience possible, please make sure your child or children (and husband!) are well-prepared for the session. Rested and recently fed makes for a better session, than tired and hungry! I want everyone to enjoy the session as much as possible. Also.... I FULLY approve of sweet bribery during and promised for after our photo session! (During the session, I recommend smarties or other similarly lightly dyed treats, to avoid stains on clothing.)
Another note to parents: Your children may be naughty. Don't worry! I've seen it all, and promise yours aren't the worst! Even when we prepare the best we can, children tend to get cranky and not cooperative at some points. That's normal! I recommend just enjoying the moments by cuddling/consoling and soothing your child. They are always my favorite shots!
I am so excited to work with you and help create beautiful forever memories of you and your loved ones! Thank you for choosing Elevated Photography!